We had to disconnect and make safe all electrical sockets and lighting, then the existing suspended ceiling was taken down along with the timber roof light surround.
All walls were stripped of wallpaper, all first fix electrical work was finished, the extended half of the room was re-plastered completely as the original plaster was completely rotten and was falling off the walls.
The original skirting board was taken off, and once the walls were plastered and lined with lining paper, the new skirting was fitted then a bulkhead was built to accommodate the new suspended ceiling and to give a finish between the lounge and the dining room.
After the floor was completed we fitted a small length of worktop along with a sink, and the base unit for storage of cutlery.
The existing doors were taken off and vision panels were fitted with fire rated George wire glass. The floor was then latexed in preparation of the new non-slip wood effect vinyl floor.
The new roof light was fitted which allowed more natural light into the room and finally the room was decorated and the new floor was laid.
We had to disconnect and make safe all electrical sockets and lighting and plumbing then the existing kitchen was taken out, all the existing tiles were taken off the walls.
The existing door and frame was taken out and the opening was enlarged to allow for adequate wheel chair access. A new UPVC double glazed window was fitted so as to give more natural light within the kitchen. All walls were then patched and plaster skimmed complete ready to take a paint finish.
Once all walls were completely dry, we then went onto fitting the new kitchen disabled kitchen with a rise and fall sink-hob so as the less able-bodied users would be able to fully operate all appliances.
A splash back tiling was fitted and the kitchen was painted throughout including the new door and frame. The floor was covered with a non-slip vinyl floor, including a cap cove skirting board for hygiene and easy cleaning.
On completion of the works a full builders clean was undertaken and all relevant certificates appliance manuals were given to the client.
Mrs S. Flaherty, housekeeper, told us
that they needed to brighten up the lounge as the residents spent a lot of time in there.
It was also important that they were given a kitchen in which the service users the opportunity to cook and bake various food, but they wouldn’t be able to do that with the existing kitchen, so they needed a kitchen that would be more suitable for the less enabled service user.
John came down to site to discuss what they could do for us and how long it would take him to complete, as we had already been using John for other numerous job around the home we decided to use him for both jobs.
Now the work is completed, the residents are a lot happier to sit in the lounge and they also have the opportunity to cook and bake various food. We couldn’t have been happier with what John and his team have done for us.